Word gets around
Winston-Salem, the state of North Carolina, and many of the institutions in Winston-Salem have received awards ranging from the quality of life to the educational quality of the major schools.
- 2008 “Top 7 Most Intelligent” community by the Intelligent Community Forum
- May, 2004 Most Livable City, Given by Partners for Livable Communities
- April, 2004 A Tree City USA
- #24 Top Locations for biotechnology (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)—Business Facilities Magazine
- Public Technology Inc. has honored Winston-Salem with its 2003 IT & Telecommunication Solutions Award for mid-sided cities for WiFi on Fourth, the city’s free downtown wireless Internet service.
Winston-Salem ranks seventh on BusinessWeek.com’s list of the 20 best U.S.
metropolitan areas to start over.
- Forsyth County is the 247th best county in the United States in terms of quality of life, according to the rankings. Though the number may seem unimpressive, it is ranked among 3,141 counties and independent cities in the country, putting Forsyth County in the 92nd percentile. –The Business Journal (May, 2004)
#4 Hottest Plastics Location—Business Facilities Magazine
#8 Best State for Logistics—Business Facilities Magazine
Best Colleges 2007- US News and World Report
- Wake Forest University #30
- Best Business Schools –Wake Forest (Babcock) #42
- Best Law Schools- Wake Forest #36
- Best Medical Schools-Research #41
- Best Medical Schools- Primary Care #30
- Winston-Salem State University- Top (South) Public Comprehensive Colleges-Bachelor’s #1
- Salem College- Third Tier Liberal Arts Colleges- Bachelor’s Degree
- BB&T on Forbes 400 beat big companies for 6th straight year
- Novant Health- “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” from Working Mother Magazine (3 years in a row)
- Reynolds American, Inc. -Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For”